Would you like to experience the work of a European Member of Parliament up close and to turn your theoretical university discussions about European politics into reality? Then an internship in one of my offices might be just right for you.
During an internship in Potsdam or Brussels, you will have the opportunity to work with current and relevant European political topics. Your work will have a real impact.
For example, you will write press releases for my homepage or will carry out background research in preparation for my meetings. You might also be asked to write a letter to a ministry or to the European Commission. In my office in Potsdam, the main focus is on energy, economy, agriculture ans regional politics. In my office in Brussels, the main topics are research and industrial politics, creative economy and the transatlantic partnership.
Below and on the following pages you will find a detailed job description as well as some reports by former interns.
We are looking for interns:
- with a very good knowledge of German or English,
- with interest in European policy issues and basic knowledge of the work of the European Parliament,
- with capacities for a period of at least eight to twelve weeks,
- able to work independently, having excellent research skills, flexibility, openness and team spirit.
- participation in parliamentary meetings of committees, political groups and working groups,
- content preparation and support of appointments and discussions,
- office organisation,
- background research on key topics (e.g. transatlantic partnership, EU regional and agricultural policy, energy policy, research policy, cultural and creative industries),
- accompaniment and preparation of events (e.g. parliamentary receptions, European Congress, coal rounds),
- support of my Parliamentary Assistants tasks and collaboration with further interns
An internship in my offices in Brussels or Potsdam is possible full-time or part-time. If you are interested, please send your documents (cover letter and full CV) to my local staff.
I look forward to receiving your applications.